Thursday, October 27, 2011

WDW College Program- Traditions

So, you've gotten into your apartment. You've met your roommates (joy of joys). You've found out which park you'll be working in.

Now, it is time for the Traditions class. You might have heard of it. There's a pretty big hubbub about what to wear. It's true, too, if you don't dress properly you will be asked to leave.

Here's my advice for your Traditions class.

1. Calm down
No, really, calm down. I met so many people at my college program who were practically hyperventilating over their Traditions class. You will be fine. I promise you, you will be fine.

2. Take the earlier class.
I know, I know. You want to sleep. You do not want to catch a bus at 6AM or whenever. Trust me, you want to take the earlier class. It will get technicalities over with and you will get access to the parks faster. You heard me, ACCESS TO THE PARKS. AS IN ALL OF THEM. AS IN EMPLOYEE PASS. AS IN FREE SPACE MOUNTAIN.

3. Dress nicely.
I think the dress code is fairly simple, but so many people were getting kicked out. Remember, you are dressing for this guy:

Not this guy:
Gentlemen: Wear a collared shirt. Wear a belt, and TUCK YOUR SHIRT IN. You want to look professional, here. A tie wouldn't hurt, either. Shave that beard and trim your mustache so it doesn't extend past your lips.

Ladies: If you're wearing a skirt, make sure it's an acceptable length. I would recommend knee-length, just to be safe. Stockings are a plus. Tuck your shirt in, and make sure you only wear one pair of stud earrings if you must wear them. Your hair should be a natural color, and not in a mohawk or something like that.

For everyone... wear close-toed shoes. No sandals. If you must wear heels, make sure you can walk in them. YOU WILL BE WALKING. For ladies, I'd recommend mary-janes. Not only are they cute, but it isn't painful to walk in them.

Pretend you're dressing for your grandfather. Even better, dress for your uncle. .... Uncle Walt, that is.

4. Take part in Traditions. Pay attention. Interact, make connectoins, socialize, and SMILE! Disney deals in smiles, they love smiles. Remember Barbie at the end of Toy Story 2? That was me at the end of some of my shifts at the Magic Kingdom. Get used to smiling. 

5. Calm down. I know this is a repeat of #1, but calm down. Just breathe... you will be fine.

1 comment:

  1. I would also brush up on my Disney trivia ahead of time...just saying. :P

    ReplyDelete